Sunday 11 October 2015

Review: Unii Palette

Hello everyone!

I posted yesterday about why I haven't been posting and if you're in the mood for my excuses... well you can check that out.

Anyway, today I'd like to (finally) share my review of the UNII palettes that I own. I've mentioned them before in various other posts such as my Project 10 pan posts and my Build your own palette post.





The packaging of the actual product may have changed in the 2 or so years I've owned this, but when I bought mine, it had a sleeve with the colour of the palette and inside that was the box. I would recommend reading the sleeves and the back of the box as they give some advice on depotting and so on. If you're new to depotting, I recommend looking up tutorials on YouTube as that's how I learnt how to depot. Also, practice first on something you won't mind cracking or breaking (and keep some rubbing alcohol on hand to fix it if you need to!).




When you open the palette, there will be a magnetic sheet inside as well as a little movable thumb grip. You can move the thumb grip so that when you're doing your makeup you can hold onto the palette without sticking a finger into the product or you can take it out to maximise the space. The palette itself is quite heavy, but I like that it is plastic and quite sturdy. I also like the big mirror included so you can do your makeup easily.


Here is an example of what I can fit into a single palette. These are some of my favourite eyeshadows from the MUA palettes and I like the fact that I can customise them to have my favourites instead of having to look for each shade.


For travelling, I would recommend placing a sheet of kitchen roll over the shadows as shown above as it will help prevent the makeup from smashing every where and making a mess. It'll also help keep the mirror clean from dust and makeup so you can see yourself clearly when doing your makeup

Here is one of the white palettes that I have my Soap & Glory makeup in. I had one of the Christmas sets a few years back and I depotted them because they were in a plastic thing and I didn't like how bulky that was and also this way it would fit into my makeup drawers.


Anyway, I hope this review was useful, As I mentioned in my previous post, I've kind of forgotten how to blog,  so if you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section below and I will get back to you ASAP.

Also, I can no longer find them for the UK, so I'm sorry about that.

Signing off now,

Dusty Foxes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com