Sunday 17 May 2015

Review: Bourjois Java Rice Powder aka Poudre de Riz de Java


I originally got the Bourjois Java Rice Powder when everyone was raving about it, saying how it was this amazing product that gave you a great glow and smelt lovely (it's also been compared to the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder) . It is one of the original products Bourjois came up with back in 1879, so I figured it couldn't hurt to try it out!


The packaging is nice, and the little vintage-themed green pot looks so pretty on desk, but I think the inside of mine may have been slightly defective. It's supposed to shut the holes when turned, but I find that if it bounces around, some product will spill out so I put this into the "dressing table only" category. If you travel with this or you're the type of person who puts their makeup in a makeup bag, then be careful because this product can end up everywhere! 


Onto the product itself. The powder is finely-milled and very silky, it feels really nice. In the pot, it is a pinky colour, but it ends up with a more translucent finish. It is scented with quite a sweet, powdery scent. It reminds me of my childhood for some reason, but I can't place it at all. 



I tried this for the first time to set my makeup all over and loving it, until I walked out into the sun and my friend asked me if I had been DIY-ing due to the glittery-ness. As you may be able to see from the pictures above, it looks normal in shadow, but in direct sunlight the glitter particles show through! I am very heavy handed with powder as I hate the feeling of sticky skin and often go overboard, so it's possible that the glitter won't show up if you don't pile on the product like I do. 
I do like the powder as it gives a soft diffused glow to my skin, but I've yet to wear it out since my first try. I think it's one of those "night out" products and as I am definitely a stay-in type of person I haven't used it since. Every time I apply it I love the end result, but am too worried about the glitter to actually go out with it on. 

I am not a fan of this product as I have tried it in many different ways, but if you know how I can use this product then please let me know in the comments below!

Signing off now
Dusty Foxes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com