Sunday 18 January 2015

Review: Barry M Natural Dazzle Matt Bronzing Powder Compact

Barry M Natural Dazzle Matt Bronzing Powder Compact - Dusty Foxes Beauty Blog

Sorry for the long hiatus again, but if you've been following my instagram, you may have seen that I've been away and my laptop screen broke so I had to get it repaired. I have mentioned that blogging is just a hobby for me, and sometimes, hobbies have to take a backseat. Unfortunately, this is one of those times. I managed to find an extra hour or so to type up a review of one of my most used products so hopefully you'll enjoy and I'll be able to update my blog more in a month or so.

Barry M Natural Dazzle Matt Bronzing Powder Compact - Dusty Foxes Beauty Blog

Barry M Natural Dazzle Matt Bronzing Powder Compact - Dusty Foxes Beauty Blog

This is the Barry M Natural Dazzle Matt Bronzing compact and the one photographed is my backup compact and if that doesn't tell you how much I love this, nothing will. I mentioned this in my Project 10 pan as well, but as that one has been depotted, I decided to use the backup to take pictures. I use this mainly as a contour shade as it is matte and has a grey undertone instead of an orange one. It is super easy to use as it isn't too pigmented and thus is good for beginners. It is quite easy to blend so long as you don't put on too much product but can look quite stripy if not blended properly.

Barry M Natural Dazzle Matt Bronzing Powder Compact - Dusty Foxes Beauty Blog
Here is a swatch and it may look scary but I had to build this up quite a lot. Forgive the shadow on it, but this was the picture that shows the grey undertone a little better.

Barry M Natural Dazzle Matt Bronzing Powder Compact - Dusty Foxes Beauty Blog

Here it is blended out. If you can see the dip looking thing on the back of my hand, that's the powder. It blends in quite easily so it's not super noticeable, but provides a shadow look - which is great for contour! Just FYI, my hand doesn't actually dip like that when it is in a fist. That's the effect of contour. I don't use this much on my face, but I thought it would show the effect a bit more.


I apply this lightly with my Real Techiques Contour Brush, in the 3 motion and it just adds dimension to my face.

It costs £5.99 and is available anywhere that sells Barry M. I got mine from Superdrug.

Have you tried it? Let me know what you think in the comments below!

Signing off now,

Dusty Foxes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com