Thursday 22 January 2015

Ch-Ch- Changes???

Hello!

A quick little mid week post here on the blog. This Sunday at 10:00 am GMT will have a new post up as usual, but I just wanted to talk a bit about the changes that have occurred over the past week or so here on the blog.

First off, I changed the colour scheme slightly. I know a lot of bloggers, especially beauty bloggers like white backgrounds for their text and as a general theme on the blog, but for me, I chose to use a slight blue tint still as that's my favourite colour. Hopefully it's easier to read the words now, especially on mobile.

Another thing I changed is the background of the blog. I wasn't really happy with the old background, so I changed it to this. I'll be sticking with this one until I find something I prefer, but hopefully you like it.

I also took Chaitra's CSS tips into mind, and made all my pictures into the same, large-ish size, so let me know if you like it! With that in mind, I also widened the blog slightly, so do let me know if you like that as well!

Finally, and maybe most notably, I changed my commenting system to Disqus! If you don't know what that is, it's a 3rd party system which allows you to be notified when I (or anyone else) replies to your comments (unless you sign in as a guest). I've been tempted to do this since I started my blog as I really like the engagement in comments, so now that I was tweaking things here I decided to take the plunge!

Don't worry if you don't have a Disqus account, it's really easy to make one or if you prefer, you can sign in with Facebook, Twitter or Google plus. I've also enabled guest commenting, so if you rather not hear from me ever again, you can use that (but please come back and visit my blog...). Hopefully this will help me engage with my readers a bit more, which I am looking forward to, so let me know what you think (with my new snazzy commenting system!)

Signing off now

Dusty Foxes

2 comments:

  1. I like the new layout :) I've also been thinking about using Disqus!

    xx

    Jenny // Mish Mosh Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It's a lot easier than I thought it would be to put into my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com