Wednesday 10 December 2014

Christmas Gift ideas!- Mini Gift Guide


So I don't usually post mid-week, mainly because I know I won't be able to commit to it, but I just bought a few things which I really wanted to share for gift ideas!





First up is this Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Crayons set. It's £16 and available at Boots. This set contains 3 of the Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss sticks in Fuchsia-ristic, Bashful and Raplumzel (full size). I already owned Fushia-ristic and Bashful (so those where the ones opened and pictured above, but I really love the formula of these so I didn't mind getting backups (I was going to get one for Bashful anyway). Also, they came in the super cute tin. I think this would make a great gift for someone just getting into make up or for a glossy lip lover because these are reasonably pigmented, high shine, super comfortable to wear on the lips, and non-sticky! They're also really easy to apply. You basically get 1 shade free plus the tin.

I would say though, it's not really for someone who stays in a hot climate. These gloss sticks tend to melt, so if you're thinking about getting it for someone who has sunny hot days a lot, you may want to look at a different kit...









This is the Perfect 10 limited edition eyeshadow palette from Soap and Glory. It is also £16 and available at Boots. This is another neutral palette in a sea of neutral palettes but is one of my favourite offerings. It includes 10 pigmented and soft shades in a cardboard box with a little double ended brush. I'm not a fan of cardboard boxes, but it does make this palette extremely portable and light. The brush is useable, not brilliant, but at least it isn't a sponge tipped one. It also comes with a large mirror and the magnetic closure is quite strong so it's a good one for travelling.

The shades are:
Vanilla: matte cream -available in the What's Nude Lid Stuff quad.
Minky: Shimmery pink - available in the Off the Wallflowers Lid Stuff quad.
Pink T: Matte pink-available in the What's Nude Lid Stuff quad.
Aubersheen: Shimmery brown -available in the What's Nude Lid Stuff quad.
Gold Coast: Shimmery gold
Taupe Cat: Shimmery taupe
Sunset: Shimmery Bronze
Brownie: Shimmery Dark brown
Black Gold: Matte grey with very few gold flecks-available in the Smokey Dokey Lid Stuff quad
Smokin': Black with multicoloured glitter.-available in the Smokey Dokey Lid Stuff quad

I feel this palette is a good one because the colours are really pigmented and lovely, but also because this palette is very versatile. I feel that the shades can really be worn on their own or together, but my current favourite is to put Gold Coast all over the lid and blend out. It's not a Naked Palette but it's a nice one nonetheless. 

I don't own it, but the L'oreal La Palette Nude in Rose is another one I've heard good things about if you want more pinky tones. That one is £14.99. but as of time of writing is out of stock online.









Sorry about lighting with this one, I just recieved it at 4 pm, and I wanted to get this post up as soon as possible. This was kind-of what spurred this post. It's the Caudelie Divine Indulgence set and contains a 50 g sample of the Divine scrub (worth about £7), a 25 ml sample of the Divine legs (worth about £5) and a full size (100 ml) Divine oil (worth £27). This set is available now for £13.50! That's a great bargain! As of now, it hasn't sold out yet, but it may well get sold out soon! I haven't tried this yet, but it smells like honey when I opened the box. It's definitely a more luxurious thing, so if you know anyone who wants to try the divine oil or if you want a little present to yourself, this is the one to get!


A quick mention to the Benefit Cheeky Sweet Spot, but I already reviewed that here. I still think it'll be a great gift though!

2 comments:

  1. Oh just love those shades, they are all so pretty :)
    That box set sound amazing, that scent must be lovely! Haven't really got anything that smells like honey but would love to! haha :)

    http://floralsandsmiles.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a nice smell! Happy Holidays!

      Delete

Hey, please leave a comment and check back because I'm going to try and reply to every comment. Feel free to leave links because I love reading new blogs and if you want a more direct response, feel free to tweet me @dustyfoxes or email me at dustyfoxesbeauty@gmail.com